SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2022 Notification
Hi students, welcome to Amans Maths Blogs (AMBIPi). On this page, you will get the all the details of SSC Scientific Assistant IMD (India Meteorological Department) 2022 like its SSC Scientific Assistant Notification, SSC Scientific Assistant Notification Exam Dates, SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Patterns and its syllabus etc.
About SSC Scientific Assistant IMD
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) recruits suitable candidates as Scientific Assistants in IMD (Indian Meteorological Department). The work of Scientific Assistants is to support to the scientist in research and educational subject matter pertaining to the research in IMD (Indian Meteorological Department). They have to assist the scientist in carrying out various researches of IMD. They are responsible for performing administrative tasks. For this, SSC Scientific Exam is conducted to hire an eligible scientific assistant.
List of All Exams Conducted by SSC
There are following exams conducted by SSC
|1. SSC Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) Examination|
|2. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL) Examination|
|3. SSC Central Police Organization (SSC CPO) Examination|
|4. SSC General Duty (SSC GD) Constable Examination|
|5. SSC Junior Engineer (SSC JE) Examination|
|6. SSC Multi-Tasking-Staff (SSC MTS) Examination|
|7. SSC Stenographer (SSC STANO) Examination|
|8. SSC Scientific Assistant Examination|
|9. SSC Junior Hindi Translator Examination|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Exam Dates
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD exam will be conducted by December 2022.
For official notification, Click Here.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Exam Pattern
SSC Commission will conduct a Computer Based Examination comprising 200 questions carrying 200 marks for two hours duration.
For this SSC conducts, the question paper would have two parts, Part-I and Part-II as detailed below:
|No||Papers||Number of Questions||Max Marks||Negative Marking||Time Allotted|
|1||Part 1(Computer Based Examination):
(i): General Intelligence & Reasoning
(ii): Quantitative Aptitude
(iii): English language & Comprehension
(iv): General Awareness
|2||Part 2(Computer Based Examination):
(ii): Computer Science & Information Technology
(iii): Electronics & Telecommunication
The candidates will be required to attempt both Part-I and Part-II of the examination.
Part-II of examination will be on the basis of subject opted in the online application form. In other words, the candidates opting for Physics will be required to attempt Physics paper, the candidates opting for Computer Science & IT will be required to attempt Computer Science & IT paper and the candidates opting for Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering will be required to attempt electronics & Telecommunication Engineering paper in Part-II, failing which their candidature will be rejected.
SSC Scientific Assistant Previous Year Questions
SSC Scientific Assistant General Intelligence & Reasoning PYQs
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Intelligence & Reasoning Questions Bank 01 to 20
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Intelligence & Reasoning Questions Bank 21 to 40
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Intelligence & Reasoning Questions Bank 41 to 60
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Intelligence & Reasoning Questions Bank 61 to 75
SSC Scientific Assistant General Awareness Previous Year Questions
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Awareness Questions Bank 01 to 20
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Awareness Questions Bank 21 to 40
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Awareness Questions Bank 41 to 60
- SSC Scientific Assistant General Awareness Questions Bank 61 to 75
SSC Scientific Assistant Quantitative Aptitude Math Previous Year Questions
- SSC Scientific Assistant Quantitative Aptitude Questions Bank 01 to 20
- SSC Scientific Assistant Quantitative Aptitude Questions Bank 21 to 40
- SSC Scientific Assistant Quantitative Aptitude Questions Bank 41 to 60
- SSC Scientific Assistant Quantitative Aptitude Questions Bank 61 to 75
SSC Scientific Assistant Physics Previous Year Questions
- SSC Scientific Assistant Physics Questions Bank 01 to 20
- SSC Scientific Assistant Physics Questions Bank 21 to 40
- SSC Scientific Assistant Physics Questions Bank 41 to 60
- SSC Scientific Assistant Physics Questions Bank 61 to 80
- SSC Scientific Assistant Physics Questions Bank 81 to 100
SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Previous Year Questions
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 01 to 20
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 21 to 40
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 41 to 60
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 61 to 80
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 81 to 100
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 101 to 120
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 121 to 140
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 141 to 160
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 161 to 180
- SSC Scientific Assistant Computer Science Questions Bank 181 to 200
SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Previous Year Questions
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 01 to 20
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 21 to 40
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 41 to 60
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 61 to 80
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 81 to 100
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 101 to 120
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 121 to 140
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 141 to 160
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 161 to 180
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 181 to 200
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 201 to 220
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 221 to 240
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 241 to 260
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 261 to 280
- SSC Scientific Assistant Electronics Questions Bank 281 to 300
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Syllabus
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD (Part 1) General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
The Syllabus for General Intelligence would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on
- Space Visualization,
- Problem Solving,
- Decision Making,
- Visual Memory,
- Relationship Concepts,
- Arithmetical Reasoning,
- Verbal and Figure Classification,
- Arithmetical Number series Arithmetical computations
- Analytical functions.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD (Part 1) General Awareness Syllabus
The Syllabus for General Awareness would include questions of the following topics.
- General, physical, geographical, topographical, economic and climatic features of India.
- Current events.
- Matters of everyday observation and experience on scientific aspects and reasoning.
- Basic topics of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- History of India, its cultural heritage, freedom movement,
- Silent feature of the Constitution of India.
- Economic and social aspect of the country and its people.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD (Part 1) Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude would include questions of the following topics.
- Computation of Whole Numbers,
- Decimals & Fractions
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Square roots,
- Averages, Interest,
- Profit and Loss,
- Partnership Business,
- Mixture and Allegation,
- Time and Distance,
- Time & Work,
- Basic algebraic Identities
- Algebra & Elementary Surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers,
- Congruence and Similarity of Triangles,
- Circle and its Chords, Tangents,
- Angles subtended by Chords of a Circle,
- Common Tangents to Two or More Circles,
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals,
- Regular Polygons,
- Right Prism,
- Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder,
- Rectangular Parallelepiped,
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio,
- Degree and Radian Measures,
- Standard Identities,
- Complementary angle,
- Heights and Distances,
- Frequency polygon,
- Bar diagram & Pie Chart
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD (Part 2) Physics Syllabus
The Syllabus for Physics would include questions of the following topics.
- Units and Dimensions,
- SI Units,
- Newton’s Laws of Motion,
- Conservation of Linear and Angular Momentum,
- Projectiles Motion,
- Rotational Motion,
- Moment of Inertia,
- Rolling Motion,
- Newton’s Law of Gravitation,
- Planetary Motion,
- Kepler’s Laws of Planetary Motion,
- Artificial Satellites,
- Fluid Motion,
- Bernoulli’s Theorem,
- Surface Tension,
- Elastic Constants,
- Bending of Beams,
- Torsion of Cylindrical Bodies,
- Elementary Ideas of Special Theory of Relativity
In Thermal Physics, Radiation & Sound:
- Equations of state,
- Ideal and real gases,
- Dalton’s law of partial pressure.
- Zeroth, first and second laws of thermodynamics, reversible and irreversible processes,
- Heat engines,
- Maxwell’s relation,
- Heat Capacities,
- Adiabatic and Isothermal processes,
- Clausius-Clapeyron relation,
- Thermal Conductivity,
- Thermodynamic state variables, viz., Internal energy, Entropy, Enthalpy, Helmholtz’s free energy function,
- Gibb’s free energy function.
- Vapour pressure,
- Kinetic theory of gases,
- Brownian motion,
- Maxwell’s velocity distribution,
- Equipartition of energy, mean free path
- Vander walls’ equation of State,
- Liquefaction of gases.
- Blackbody radiation,
- Kirchhoff’s law,
- Stephen’s law,
- Planck’s law.
- Conduction in solids
In Wave and Oscillations:
- Simple harmonic motion, wave motion, superposition principle,
- Damped oscillations; forced oscillations and resonance; simple oscillatory systems; vibrations of rods, strings and
- Doppler effect;
- Sabine’s law of reverberation;
- Recording and reproduction of sound.
- Nature and propagation of light;
- Reflection & Refraction.
- Interference; diffraction; polarization of light; simple interferometers.
- Determination of wavelength of spectral lines,
- Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Rayleigh scattering,
- Raman effect,
- Lenses and mirrors, combination of coaxial thin lenses, spherical and chromatic aberrations, and their corrections,
- Microscope, Telescope, Eyepieces and Photometry
In Electricity and magnetism:
- Electric charges, fields and potentials,
- Gauss’s theorem,
- Magnetic properties of matter and their measurement,
- Elementary theory of dia, para and ferro-magnetism,
- Electric current and their properties,
- Ohm’s law,
- Whetstone’s bridge and applications,
- Faraday’s law of E.M. induction,
- Self and Mutual Inductance and their Applications,
- Alternating Currents,
- Impedance and Resonance,
- LCR circuit,
- Dynamos, Motors, Transformers,
- PeltierSeebeck and Thomson effects and applications,
- Electrolysis, Hall Effect,
- Hertz Experiment and Electro-Magnetic Waves,
- Particle Accelerators and Cyclotron.
In Atomic structure:
- Electron, measurement of ‘e’ and ‘e/m’,
- Measurement of Planck Constant,
- Rutherford-Bohr Atom, X-rays,
- Bragg’s law,
- Moseley’s law,
- Alpha-Beta-Gamma Emission,
- Elementary Ideas of Nuclear Structures,
- Fusion and Reactors,
- Louis de Broglie waves and
- Electron Microscope.
- Thermo-ionic Emission,
- Diodes and Triodes,
- p-n Diodes and Transistors,
- Simple Rectifier,
- Amplifier and Oscillator Circuits
- Differential calculus (Differentiation),
- Integral Calculus (Integration),
- Multivariable Calculus (Function theory),
- Basic Concepts of Differential Equation,
- Concept of Laplacian of a function.
In Linear Algebra:
- Concept of a Vector Space,
- Basic concepts of linearly dependent/independent vectors.
- Matrix and determinant.
- Concepts of Eigen Value and Eigen Vectors.,
In Vector Algebra & Calculus:
- Zero Vector, Unit Vector, Position Vector, Co-initial Vector,
- Like and Unlike Vectors, Co-planar Vector,
- Collinear Vector, Equal Vector,
- Displacement Vector, Negative of a Vector,
- Vector and Scalar Quantities,
- Vector Formulas,
- Components of a Vector,
- Vector Addition and its Laws,
- Multiplication of Vectors and Scalar Quantity,
- Vector Algebra,
- Dot Product of Two Vectors,
- Scalar Triple Product
- Basic concepts of Vector calculus, viz., Grads, Divergence, Curl,
- Stokes theorem,
- Gauss divergence theorem
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD (Part 2) Computer Science and Information Technology Syllabus
The Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology would include questions of the following topics.
- History of Computers and their classification,
- Basic Organization,
- Memory–RAM, ROM, EPROM, etc.,
- Hard disks,
- CDROM, WORM etc.,
- Concept of Virtual Memory and Cache Memory,
- Number systems, binary, octal, Hexadecimal,
- Binary Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication,
- Flotation, point representation and arithmetic,
- Arithmetic through stacks.
In Operating System:
- Assemblers, Elements of Assembly language
- Programming-Overview of the Assembly process,
- Assembler for the PC,
- Process synchronization,
- Memory Management – address Binding – dynamic Loading and linking – overlays – logical and
- Physical address space – Contiguous Allocation – internal & External Fragmentation.
- Non-Contiguous Allocation:
- Paging and Segmentation Schemes – Implementation – Hardware Protection – Protection – sharing – Fragmentation.
In Virtual Memory:
- Demand Paging – Page Replacement – Page Replacement algorithms – Thrashing
In File System:
- File Concepts – Assess Methods – Directory Structures – Protection Consistency Semantics – File system Structures – Allocation Methods – Free Space Management.
In I/O System:
- Overview – I/O hardware – Application I/O Interface – Kernel I/O subsystem,
- Performance, Secondary Storage Structures, Protection, Goals, Domain – Access matrix.
- Elements of assembly language programming –
- Overview of the Assembly process –
- Design of a low-pass Assembler –
- A single pass Assembler for the PC.
- The security Problem –
- Authentication – Threats – Threat Monitoring – Encryption.
In Fundamentals of programming:
- Unix Programming,
- Programming in FORTRAN,
- Object Oriented Programming in C++,
- Programming in Java,
- Basics of compilers.
In Database Management Systems:
- Advantages and components of a Database Management Systems,
- Data Types,
- Data Dictionary,
- Query Basics,
- Forms and Reports,
- Graphical objects,
- Error Handing,
- Distributing Application,
- Data Storage Methods,
- Data Clustering and Partitioning,
- Database Administration,
- Backup and Recovery,
- Security and Privacy,
- Distributed Databases,
- Client/Server Databases,
- Object Oriented Databases,
- Integrated Applications,
In Internet Technology:
- Basics, topologies, layers, switching in the networks,
- Bridges, routers and gateways, types of networks,
- WWW. Client/Server Applications,
- Internet Standards and specifications, ISP,
- Broad Band Technologies,
- Browsers, and
- Security, Fire Walls,
- Data Security,
- HTML, DHTML, XML, Web Designing.
In Fundamentals of Geographical Information System (GIS):
- GIS Data and Spatial Models,
- Topology and Spatial Operations,
- Scale and Coordinate Systems,
- GIS Analysis,
- Basics of GIS application development.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD (Part 2) Electronics & Telecommunication Syllabus
The Syllabus for Electronic & Telecommunication would include questions of the following topics.
- Conductors, Semi-conductors,
- Passive components,
- Characteristics of Resistors,
- Capacitors and Inductors.
- PN Junction Diode,
- Forward and Reverse BIAS Characteristics and Equivalent circuits of Diode,
- Zener diode and applications, clipping, clamping and rectifier circuits using diodes
- Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJT),
- Field Effect Transistor (FET) and MOSFET;
- Biasing and stability,
- Emitter follower and its applications – Negatives Feedback-Transistor as a switch,
- Multistage Amplifiers,
- Multi vibrators,
- Voltage Regulation,
- Power Amplifiers
In Introduction to Network Theorems:
- Kirchoff’s laws, superposition,
- Norton’s and Maximum power theorems,
- Voltage and Current relationship in the resistance, inductance and capacitance.
- Concept of reactance, susceptance, conductance, impedance and admittance in series and parallel RL,
- RC and RLC circuits –
- Three phase supply-star and delta connection diagrams –
- Relation between line and phase & voltages and currents,
- Series and Parallel resonance circuits – condition of resonance, resonant frequency, Q factor and bandwidth
In Digital Electronics:
- Logic gates,
- Demorgan’s theorem,
- Boolean algebra,
- Frequency Counters,
- Shift Resistors,
- Basic Concepts of Digital to Analog and Analog to Digital Converters,
- Timing circuits,
- Digital logic circuits,
- Systems & Codes Combinational Logic Design
- Basic antenna principle directive gain, directivity, radiation pattern, broad-side and end-fire array,
- Yagi antenna,
- Parabolic antenna,
- Ground wave propagation,
- Space Waves,
- Ionosphere Propagation and Electromagnetic Frequency
- Types of Modulation,
- Amplitude Modulation (AM),
- Modulation index, Power relation in AM, Generation and Demodulation of AM.
In Single Side Band (SSB):
- Power requirement in comparison with AM,
- Advantages of SSB over AM.
- Concept of Balanced Modulator,
- Generation of SSB,
- Pilot Carrier System.
- Independent Side System,
- Vestigial Sideband Transmission.
In Frequency Modulation (FM):
- Definition of FM,
- Noise triangle,
- Pre-emphasis and De-emphasis.
In Pulse Modulation (PM):
- Definition of PM.
- Difference between AM and FM.
- Radio receivers.
- Sampling Theorem,
- PAM, PTM, PWM, PPM,
- Pulse Code Modulation,
- Quantization Noise,
- PCM system,
- Differential PCM,
- Delta modulation
In Introduction of Digital Communication:
- PSK, ASK, FSK,
- Introduction to Fiber Optics System,
- Propagation of Light in optical Fiber and
- Ray model.
- Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency.